CHILDREN'S MINISTRY DIRECTOR
Status: PT Salary
Reports to: Senior Pastor
MISSION AND GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
• Our mission at Crossroads Church: Impacting people with the love of Jesus on the journey of life.
• The Children’s Ministry Director must represent the church with integrity and professionalism, bringing leadership and organization to the Children’s Ministry.
1. To develop and promote a culture in the Family Ministries at Crossroads Church where parents and children are equipped to love and serve God together.
2. To provide leadership to, and the development of, our process in Children’s Ministry.
3. To recruit, teach, train, and equip volunteers to be effective servants in the church.
4. To develop and maintain an efficient communication process by which families and volunteers are kept informed of ministry activities.
5. Maintain daily administrative operations for the Children’s Ministry.
Children’s Ministry Director
1. A follower of Jesus living a dedicated Christian life.
2. A love and passion for children and families.
3. Possess the spiritual gifts, along with the professional and educational background adequate for the position.
4. Be committed to the core values, mission, vision, and ministry process of Crossroads Church.
5. Be a member or willing to pursue membership at Crossroads Church within one year.
6. Actively involved in the life of the church.
7. Team player with ability to work with people of varying ages and personalities.
8. Possess a pastoral heart for children and families.
9. Administrative background with proven organizational and leadership skills preferred.
10. Degree and/or experience in a related discipline a plus.
1. Promote a church-wide culture that: (a) encourages people to encounter the love of God moving toward deeper levels of intimacy with Christ (b) encourages people to connect with others in groups moving into relationships of authentic Christian community (c) encourages people to be equipped so as to serve by the gifts of the Spirit and (d) encourages people to be on mission local, regional and globally.
2. Develop, implement, and maintain a ministry plan that models Crossroads’ strategy to Encounter, Connect, Equip, and Send.
3. Work with the Family Ministry Team to develop, implement, and maintain a plan to equip parents to disciple their children.
4. Implementation may include but not limited to: administrative duties, set-up/tear down for Sunday morning and other ministry programming, coordinating volunteering schedules, prepping for volunteers, obtaining materials, planning and leading Children’s Sports Camp, and other tasks as necessary.
5. Recruit, encourage, and provide both initial and ongoing training opportunities for volunteers.
6. Communicate regularly with families and volunteers.
7. Be an active participant in weekly staff meetings.
8. Be an active participant in Family Ministry Team and Ministry Counsel.
9. Establish relationships with children and their parents.
10. Be committed to ongoing personal and professional development that will enhance his/her ability to lead well over time.
11. Develop and maintain ministry budgets for areas of oversight on an annual basis.
12. Manage and troubleshoot problems and issues as they may arise.
1. The Children’s Ministry Director will have the authority to perform duties in accordance with the job guidelines, in partnership with the Family Ministry Team, and under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor.
1. The Children’s Ministry Director will be directly accountable to the Senior Pastor.
STANDARDS FOR PERFORMANCE:
1. The Children’s Ministry Director will consistently pursue living a life that reflects the standard set forth in the Word of God.
2. The Children’s Ministry Director will accomplish their duties and responsibilities in a professional manner and should demonstrate: the fruit of the Spirit, excellence, integrity, loyalty, and maturity.
1. The Children’s Ministry Director will be evaluated annually by the Senior Pastor based on ministry performance in accordance with their role description.
2. The Children’s Ministry Director and Family Ministry Team will evaluate the Children’s Ministry quarterly to make sure that it is aligned with the Mission, Vision, and process of Crossroads Church.